University City San Diego CA Real Estate – including, Homes, Townhomes, Condos, and Multifamilies for Sale Search
Updated every 5 minutes with the latest real estate for sale in University City San Diego CA - including homes, townhomes, condos, and multifamilies - as posted by University City real estate agents and brokers - over 30% more listings than Zillow, Realtor, Trulia, and Redfin.
Get Signed Up Now to receive new listings, price changes, and recent sales prices - with the ability to get instant, daily, weekly, bi weekly, or monthly email updates.
By creating your FREE account you can:
- Get New Property Email Alerts
- Price Change Alerts
- Detailed Property Info
- Virtual Pictures
- Track Recent Active, Pending, and Solds
Get Signed Up Now and get the latest University City tax and HUD foreclosures, REO properties, bank owned homes, and short sales being offered at HUGE price reductions and significantly lower than retail value.
University City San Diego Information and Highlights
Here's a quick rundown of our list:
- University City San Diego Information and Highlights
- University City Mortgage
- University City Property Alert
- University City Home Valuation
- University City Market Report
University City San Diego Information and Highlights
University City is a neighborhood of approximately 56,000 people in northwestern San Diego and home to the University of California – San Diego (UCSD). University City is often mistaken for UTC, or Westfield University Towne Center, a popular shopping center in the community.
University City is divided by scenic Rose Canyon. The older part of University City, built in the 1960s and widely known as University Square, is south of Rose Canyon and centered on Governor Drive. North of Rose Canyon is the newer part of University City and home of Westfield UTC.
University City was originally supposed to serve as a residential haven for the University of California, San Diego employees and students, where both college presidents and janitors would be able to live in the same community. Instead, U.C. became a middle-class community that celebrates its children and neighborhood, supportive of schools, sports leagues at Standley Park, and several houses of worship. The community is far different from the original goals of the planners in the 60s.
The community association, which was dormant for several years, was revitalized in 2001 and has been a voice for the community. Now, the newsletter comes out once a month. The street banner project has been established. Standley Park continues to act as a town hall as well as a site for activities and athletics, classes and meetings.
University City is “more than a neighborhood,” and families continue to enjoy the small town feel of South U.C. while looking to North U.C. for urban entertainment and shopping. The University of California, San Diego is still an important neighbor to us.
There are two distinct parts of University City divided by Rose Canyon, featuring the Rose Canyon Open Space Preserve, and railroad tracks passing through it. South of Rose Canyon lies the older part of University City, built in the 1960s and historically referred to as University Square, centered on Governor Drive. It is a mostly residential neighborhood along Governor Drive with many single family homes. Just southwest of the Governor Drive exit from I-805 is a commercially zoned area containing office parks with low-rise buildings.
University City, San Diego, gets 10 inches of rain per year. The U.S. average is 37. Snowfall is 0 inches. The average US city gets 25 inches of snow per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is 42.
On average, there are 266 sunny days per year in University City, San Diego. The July high is around 75 degrees. The January low is 48. The comfort index, which is based on humidity during the hot months, is a 45 out of 100, where higher is more comfortable. The U.S. average on the comfort index is 44.
Without a doubt, South California, where San Diego, and, ultimately, University City is located, is easily one of the most coveted places in the Continental United States. University City is a bit on the high-end side of things, but the quality and value that you’ll find here are more than made up for in the experience.
- Sport Chalet , located in the Westfield University Towne Center – 4525 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 453-5656
- My Sister's Closet , located in Costa Verde Center – 8610 Genesee Ave., San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 455-0045
- Sweet Factory , located in the Westfield University Towne Center – 4545 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 658-0298
- Nine West – University Town CTR, 4465 Lajolla Village DR.#H5, San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 455-6278
You may end up being a lot of things in University City, but bored or hungry won’t be among them. There’s a particular romance and economical style when you happen to find things in strip malls, or, in the case of some of these restaurants, in a hotel (which is just an awesome experience, by the way!).
- Lorna's Italian Kitchen , located in University Square Shopping Center – 3945 Governor Dr, San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 452-0661
- Cafe Japengo , located in Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine – 8960 University Center Ln, San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 450-3355
- Truluck's – 8990 University Center Ln, San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 453-2583
- Eureka! , located in the Westfield University Towne Center – 4353 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 210-3444
People don’t eat at prime steakhouses because they can’t cook. No – instead, they eat there for an unforgettable experience among friends that they won’t find anywhere else. Welcome to the nightlife in University City, San Diego.
- Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar – 8970 University Center Ln, San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 535-0078
- The Melting Pot – 8980 University Center Ln, San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 638-1700
- Michael's Lounge , located in Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine – 3777 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 552-1234 ext. 1925
- Draft Republic , located in Costa Verde Center – 4282 Esplanade Ct, San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 450-1400
University City, San Diego is served by San Diego Unified School District, a public school district.
San Diego Unified serves more than 130,000 students in pre-school through grade 12 and is the second largest district in California. The student population is extremely diverse, representing more than 15 ethnic groups and more than 60 languages and dialects.
- University City High School – 6949 Genesee Ave., San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 457-3040
- Curie Elementary School – 4080 Governor Dr, San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 453-4184
- Doyle Elementary School – 3950 Berino Ct, San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 455-6230
- Spreckels Elementary School – 6033 Stadium St, San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 546-1269
You don’t have to be a night owl to enjoy everything that University City has to offer. These aren’t just landmarks; there’s plenty of things to do that the whole family will enjoy! Cool Fact: The Birch Aquarium opened its doors to the public more than 100 years ago, in 1903!
- ArcLight Cinemas - La Jolla – 4425 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 768-7770
- Birch Aquarium – 2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla, CA 92037 – (858) 534-3474
- La Jolla Cove – Coast Blvd, San Diego, CA 92037 – (619) 221-8899
- San Diego Fly Rides – 1237 Prospect St, La Jolla, CA 92037 – (619) 888-3878
With more to do than you can shake a stick at, University City is your home away from home. Locals love the fact that they can take the weekend off and say they went to the beach like it's no big deal. It has just the right balance between tourism and local life that, in turn, make University City a fantastic place to live! Don’t believe me? Don’t take my word for it – check it out for yourself!
University City Mortgage
Whether you are a first time home buyer, need down payment assistance, were in the military or are now, want to buy in the country side, put down as little as 3%, or much more than that, I have access to the top mortgage programs in the State with over 40 wholesale lenders at my disposal. You will get much lower rates and fees than any local credit union or bank.
University City Property Alert
Be the first to know when new University City short sales, foreclosures, deeply discounted homes, and brand new hot properties come onto the market before anyone else - over 30% more listings than Trulia, Zillow and Realtor.
University City Home Valuation
Do you own a home in University City and want to find out instantly and completely free what it is worth in today's market - with absolutely no cost or obligation?
University City Market Statistics
Stay up to date with the latest sales prices, market times, days on market, number of homes sold, and over 12 of the most up to date housing statistics going back over 16 years.
- Barcelona Colony
- Barcelona Ljc
- Canyon Ridge
- Five Creeks
- La Jolla Colony
- La Jolla Colony Barcelona
- La Jolla Colony, Utc
- Renaissance La Jolla
- The Villas At University Park
- University Hills
- University Hills Unit 8
- University Park
- University Town Center
- University Towne Center
- University Village
- Utc - La Jolla Colony
- Utc Ucsd La Jolla
- Utc/La Jolla
- Vista La Jolla Townhomes
- West University City
- Cambridge Terrace
- Casa Bella
- Colony La Paz
- Colony La Paz Condominium Assoc.
- Garden Villa
- Genesee Highlands
- La Florentine
- La Paz
- Pacific Regent La Jolla
- Pines Of La Jolla
- Playmor Terrace
- Playmor Terrace West
- Playmore Terrace
- Regency Villas
- Rengency Pacific La Jolla
- The Park - University City
- The Park II
- The Pines Of La Jolla
- The Venetian
- University City Manor Unit 2
- University Towne Square
- Villa Vicenza
- Villa Vicenza Homeowners Assoc.
- Villa Vincenza
- Villas At University Park
- Vista La Jolla