San Diego's #1 Down Payment Assistance Program Needed Doc's for 2021
(Please note, this video was created prior to 2021 - but, these loan amounts, and loan details below, have been updated for 2021...)
✍️ In this video I lay out the needed supporting documents for my #1 down payment assistance program for San Diego - that has been updated - and, made better than ever.
✍️ And, it potentially works for anyone looking to buy in San Diego with a loan amount of $753,250 or less, that makes a great income, has decent credit, yet doesn't have the money for a down payment.
✍️ If you are finding value from this video, I would really appreciate if you could smash that like button, subscribe to get more hard hitting videos just like this, and tap that notification bell so you know when a new video comes out
Basic documentation needed from you (or you and co borrower):
✔️ Copy of your drivers license (screen shot is fine)
✔️ Copy of your social security card (screen shot is fine)
✔️ Last 30 days paychecks (you should get these from your employer via email and PDF each time you are paid).
✔️ Last 2 months bank statements - all pages (You just log into wherever you have a bank acount online and save the last 2 months via PDF.)
✔️ Last 2 years taxes and W2's - If you do not have them you can get them from the IRS website here.
✔️ Latest statements if you have anything like: 401(k), retirement, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc
✔️ If you are self employed we will need last 2 years taxes and W2's (if applicable) as well as year to date profit and loss sign and dated (you can do this - doesn't need to be a CPA).
✔️ We can potentially need more depending on this like: pay or collect child support, have been divorced, have had a short sale or foreclosure, have filed bankrupcty, have rental properties, etc.
Here's the cash out of pocket you can expect:
➡️ Deposit - You should count on putting between 1% to 2% of your sales price - as your deposit into escrow - within 3 days of your offer being accepted. This is totally negotiable between the buyer (you) and the seller. I have helped clients with as little as $500 into escrow. But, keep in mind with the low inventory in San Diego, and lots of offers on each property, that's not a likely scenario.
Please keep in mind this is 100% refundable - if it's not used and refunded back at the close of escrow.
➡️ Home Inspection - You *should* use a licensed home inspector to check out the property to understand the kind of shape it's in. Do you HAVE to? No, just highly recommended. Depending on if it's a home or townhome/condo it will be somewhere around $250-$500 +/-.
Keep in mind - you can choose to inspection anything you want. The roof, septic, plumbing, electrical, pool, spa, foundation, etc.
➡️ Home Appraisal - You will need to get a home appraisal on the property since you are getting financing. You pay this directly to the appraiser. This has nothing to do with the buyers agent (me), the listing agent, the seller, the lender, etc. This will be around $500 +/- depending on if it's for a conventional or FHA loan.
My offer to you: If you use my services for the real estate and loan I will credit towards your closing costs at the close of escrow whatever you spent on your home inspection and appraisal as my way of saying "thank you" for utilizing my services.
Here's your steps to begin:
1) Fill out my online application at Scotts Loan App.com. If it's just you - then you fill it out just for yourself. If you are married - it's you and your spouse (regardless if they work or not, their income, their credit, etc.) If its you and a co borrower - then you both fill it out.
2) Once you are completed I will get an email it was done, and will look everything over to make sure the application is looking good and its a possibility.
3) Then, I will email you out all the documentation we will need (cough. Look above) and you will gather all of those and either upload back into your loan application portal or email to me in one email.
4) Once I have received your application completed, and all of your needed documents, I will run your credit, send your way to review, and put together your loan. All of this can be done within a few hours - just dpends on how fast you do the application and provide me the documents I need.
Here's more DPA videos and info below:
• 5 SD DPA Program Secrets
• SD DPA Program Q & A
• SD DPA Program Needed Documents
Of course, should you ever have any questions at all, you can shoot me a text/call, email, or contact me here.
Your DPA Insider,