San Diego County Conforming Mortgage Loan Limits: USDA, VA, FHA, Conventional, & Jumbo - 2023 Update
Just announced on 11/30/2022 were the brand new conforming mortgage loan limits in San Diego County.
There's always some announcement around Thanksgiving and if the limits are increased it goes into effect for all loans by January 1 of the next year - although, most lenders I work with have them go into effect immediately.
And, since San Diego is a higher cost area - we also get higher limits.
In this post I go over:
- The conforming loan limits for the $0 down DPA loan, $0 down USDA loan, the $0 down VA loan, the 3% down conforming loan, the 3.5% down FHA loan, and the 10% down jumbo loan
- The loan limits for a duplex, triplex, and fourplex
- The loan minimums for a jumbo loan
- The minimum down payments needed for each loan type
- And how to apply online
Here they are below for all San Diego County FHA and Conforming Loans (USDA and VA loans don't have a max) for a single family home, PUD, townhome, condo:
- $726,200 is the nationwide max conforming loan limit
- $977,500 is San Diego max super conforming loan limit
If you are looking to get a 2, 3, or 4 unit property they are as follows:
- Duplex is $1,251,400 loan limit
- Triplex is $1,512,650 loan limit
- Fourplex is $1,879,850 loan limit
Please keep in mind this is for a *loan* amount not sales price.
If you are looking to get a Jumbo loan then these are the *minimum* loan amounts below:
- Home is $977,501 loan amount or more
- Duplex is $1,251,401 loan amount or more
- Triplex is $1,512,651 loan amount or more
- Fourplex is $1,879,851 loan amount or more
Here is a friendly reminder of the minimum down payments needed per loan type (Click on each loan for detailed descriptions):
- DPA loan is 0% down (This loan is great if you have a good credit score, make a great income, yet don't have $$$ for the down payment)
- USDA loan is 0% down (if you want to buy in the countryside of San Diego such as: Fallbrook, Pauma Valley, Ramona, Julian, and many other areas).
- VA loan is 0% down (if you were or are in the military)
- Conventional loan is 3% down up to a $726,200 loan amount and 5% down up to a $977,500 loan amount).
- FHA loan is 3.5% down up to a $977,500 loan amount (my most popular down payment assistance loan today, is by combining a DPA loan + FHA loan = no $$$ out of pocket for the down payment).
- Jumbo loan is 10.01% down above a $977,501 loan amount
Please keep in mind these are the minimum down payments needed for the loan type and not necessarily your personal situation.
You can always get pre-approved online fast, free, and secure below:
I would love to help assist you with your home purchase, home sale, or home loan - please feel free to give me a call, text, or use the form below.
Your San Diego Loan Limit Insider,
Get Scott's Personal Help Below...
Post a Comment